Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Things you can do in your own backyard!

So, the kids got to experience something new and exciting this weekend. Can you quess what? Well Sunday, at the last minute, I decided to let the kids camp out in the backyard! They got to camp with a friend, which is even better! And thanks to my good friend Gretchen, who provided the tents and firepit, they had a full-fledged camp-out experience! They roasted marshmallows, and we made smores of course! They looked up the entire time they roasting just admiring the stars, every last one. I am so glad we made that decision at the last minute. If we would've waited for the "perfect" time, it probably wouldn't have happened. It turned out to be a perfect night for it though, weather and all.

My friend and I slept with the boys in a bigger tent, and Ella and Ariana slept in a tiny little tent that was all their own. It was uncomfortable for me and I got little sleep, but a friend reminded me, "You'll do it again for your kids". "Yes, I will", I thought.

Here are some pics from the "camp out". Didn't get too many because it started getting dark out. Enjoy these though! And next time you're trying to think of something free to do with your kids that is different and fun? Just consider camping out in your own backyard! And don't forget the smores!! :)


Here are Gabriel, Ella and Samuel jumping on the trampoline while we get things ready!

Here are the tents all set up!

Here are the kids and their friend Samuel with his mom Gretchen. We're getting ready to roast!

Enjoying the warm fire! :)

Our neighbor and friend Mark also joined in on the fun! He got a helping of lasagna I made for helping with the tents :) There's Rob at the right of him


It was something they won't soon forget, and I have a feeling we'll be hearing more requests for a "camp out" as some time passes!! :)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

The pictures are great. It looks like y'all had so much fun. Like I said, you will do it again...for the kiddos.

By the way, did you know you are supposed to take the mesh cover off the fire pit? ;-) LOL!