Thursday, July 31, 2008

Tasty Thursday: After School Snack Edition

I found this recipe one day when I was searching the internet for... a granola snack!! I can't wait to make these and I have a feeling I will keep the ingredients for this one around ALL the time! If anyone tries it before I do, let me know how they turn out! Also, you can substitute the raisins for anything like chocolate chips, M&M's, etc. When I first read the recipe I thought of using chocolate instead of raisins, which my kids aren't too fond of :) Here is where I found the recipe. Have a great Tasty Thursday everyone!

Gobble up Granola Snacks!!

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
  • 2 cups quick-cooking oats
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup light corn syrup
  • 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS

  1. In a large bowl, stir together the rice cereal and oats. Set aside. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. Combine the brown sugar and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat just until boiling, then remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Pour over the cereal and oat mixture, and mix well.
  3. Press into the prepared pan using the back of a large spoon. Allow to cool, then cut into squares.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Yummy! I am going to try this one out as well!!

Dawn said...

These look really good! I think Josh would love them with some chocolate chips or M&M's. Thanks for sharing!